GREER – Coming off a strong first year, the Greer Centennial Lions Club will once again host a bass fishing tournament April 6, 2019 to raise money for eye care and vision services in the Greer community.
The event, which is open to the public and sponsored by Greer CPW, will give the fishing community a chance to win $1,000 for the biggest fish plus other top prizes. The all-day tournament will be held on the beautiful Lake Robinson in Greer and include a post tournament picnic with Mutt's BBQ.
“Last year showed us the Greer community is hungry for another bass fishing tournament. Securing 41 boats our first year was remarkable and we only hope the momentum continues, said Becky Pickett, Greer Centennial Lions Club President. We used tournament funds to purchase a glaucoma screening machine that has been well received at events like Big Thursday, Greer Family Fest and many health fairs in the community,” said Pickett.
Registration is now open and applications can be found at the Lake Robinson warden’s office, Greer CPW and various bait and tackle shops around the Upstate or online at www.greercpw.com/lakes-recreation Participants must have a fishing license through the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources and a boating and fishing permit through Greer CPW.
Money from the 2019 tournament will be used for the Chandler Creek Elementary vision voucher program the club is currently sponsoring and based on the success of the fishing tournament, may allow the program to be expanded to other schools.
[TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE APRIL 6, 2019]
- 5:45 AM Gates Open
- 6:30 AM Pre- Tournament Meeting
- 7:15 AM Blast Off
- 3:00 PM Weigh in and Post Tournament Picnic
- Particpant blast off will be determined by when paid registration form is received.
- Greer CPW Bass Tournament organized by the Greer Centennial Lions Club to be held Saturday April 6th, 2019 on Lake Robinson.
- Money raised benefits the Lions Club mission to help with eye care and vision services.
- $1,000 big fish and $1,000 1st place prize plus 2nd – 10th place
- The biggest fish ever caught on Lake Robinson is a 13 pound, 14-ounce largemouth bass on April 13, 1994
- Sponsorships are available. Please contact Brooke.Lathrop@grandsouth.com
What do you want to find?