WHAT NOT TO FLUSH
Do you know what you should and should not flush down the toilet or put down the drain? ONLY human waste and regular toilet paper should be flushed, and you should never pour grease down the drain. An easy way to remember it is the “Three P-s”: Poop, pee, and (toilet) paper.
You should NOT flush:
- Wipes (even those labeled “flushable”)
- Anything made of plastic
- Aquarium gravel or cat litter
- Cigarette butts
- Disposable toilet brushes
- Grease or oil
- Paper towels, rags, and disposable dust towels
- Tampons and sanitary napkins
Flushing non-flushables causes major problems for our system, and for your plumbing!
You should also avoid putting Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) down the drain. Both non-flushables and FOG can create major problems for your plumbing and our sewer system!
For more information, see the resources below.